FE will never make sense to me. Completely unqualified coaches.
Play AA and spend your money on lessons.
I do not have a kid at FE or FY, but I have coached for 10+ years. I am a dad coach, played AAA hockey until 18, 1 year college club and level 4 coaching certified. Am I qualified in your book?
What coaches at FE are unqualified and why do you think this way? What makes a qualified coach in your mind? Is it non-dad coaches? If yes then eliminate 70% of all coaches at Tier 1 and Tier 2. Is it they must have played D1 college or professionally? Again that eliminates about 70% of all coaches at Tier 1 and Tier 2. Is it that they run a system? USA Hockey says no systems should be run until 12 years old, but PHC, Venom (now Jr. Rebels), LF, JF and many other programs play systems starting at full ice mite. Is it that they must only play the best players on their team and sit kids that can't keep up? If yes, how is that fair to the kids that paid the same money but get 3-4 shifts a game? Is it that they allow parents to yes instructions from the stands and don't mind the players ignoring the coaches orders? Well I know plenty of parents that do this and it never turns out well.
Please let us all know what your criteria is for a qualified coach. That way I can pass this on to my contacts at FE so they can change their program. I look forward to your response.