I believe NYI tryouts are still on going.
I am surprised nobody on this forum has brought up what is going on with Hershey Bears Quebec & the District. Does anyone have a update on that? The last i heard the AAHA was causing a lot of problems for hershey, that was 2-3 months ago.
My understanding, Hershey didn't like that many of the kids they offered last year quit once they got offers to play for District Teams. So this year, Hershey had their tryouts when they normally do (earlier than District) and said that your offer is contingent on you NOT trying out for District Teams. AAHA got wind of it and told Hershey either you allow your kids to tryout for the District team or you won't be sanctioned to have Quebec Team. Whether the District can do that or not, I have no idea.
So, many of the Hershey kids did tryout for District teams and I believe one or two did make it and jumped to District Team.
I get Hershey trying to lock in kids, but playing for the District comes with other benefits including the Development Camp and if making Flyers team playing AAA versus AA Elite. The tradeoff is obviously cost.... Hershey Quebec team is a couple $100 (for Summer camp), while District teams are in the $1,000's.