Gene Harrington Winter Ice Experience
1. Location - Buffalo / Niagara Falls
2. Venue(s) played at/in - Hockey Outlet/Niagara Falls, Hyde Park Pavilion/Niagara Falls, Buffalo Riverworks, (outside rink at the cereal factory on the river in Buffalo).
3. Hotel accommodations, (what kind of amenities are available, is it pet friendly) - Adam's Mark Buffalo. The place is HUGE! Great amenities and within walking distance of Keybank Center.
4. Attractions, (are there kid friendly attractions to visit outside of game play) - Niagara Falls, St. Catharines Toronto, Toronto Hockey Hall of Fame, lots of different things to do in the city of Buffalo as well.
5. Travel complexity, (easy or tough) - Admittedly the drive sucks both to and from Buffalo, it seems like it's never ending but it's worth the ride when you finally reach your destination.
5. FOOD! (List the best eateries, your favorite dish and satisfaction with service) - Anchor Bar, the original home of the Buffalo wing. Best wings in the world!
6. Tournament management, ie who is running it, names like Myhockey, Hockeytime Productions etc. - Run independently by Gene Harrington hockey tournaments. It's run well but the rules for overtime are probably the worst ever. Our bantams went to triple OT and in the third OT they play with no goalies.
7. Tournament awards - Medals and trophies.
8. Any other information which would provide better insight as to why this particular tournament destination tops your list