Instructions how to set up and live stream from the rink to Facebook, LIVE!
If you're like me you like to try and see every one of your kids hockey games, but because of scheduling conflicts you find there's just no way, at least you think there isn't.
I strongly suggest testing before you decide to live stream a game. It'll make it much easier for you to get ready to go live when the game starts.
*NOTE - Live streaming will be active until you end it on your newsfeed
- Make sure you have a verified active WiFi connection in the rink where your kid is playing, must be at least two bars
- Alternatively, if you have an unlimited data plan, make sure you have a verified active 4G connection, must be at least 2 bars
- Advise friends, family members or whoever else you think would be interested that you will be live streaming your kids hockey game
- DO NOT LIVE STREAM IF YOU TALK DURING GAMES, OR ARE IN AN AREA WHERE OTHER PARENTS TALK. ALL COMMENTS WILL BE PICKED UP AND IT COULD CREATE POSSIBLE ISSUES IF SOMETHING THAT WASN'T MEANT TO BE SAID IS OVERHEARD
Step 1. Open facebook
Step 2. Go directly to your newsfeed by tapping on the 3 horizontal bars in the top right corner of the screen
Step 3. Tap your profile
Step 4. Scroll down and tap "Live" [ex. below]
Step 5. Allow Facebook permission to use your camera [ex. below]
Step 6. Select privacy setting "Friends"
Step 7. You will be prompted to add a description of the live stream, (NOT REQUIRED)
Step 8. Ensure the camera setting is using the front lens and you have the phone turned landscape NOT portrait.
Step 9. Tap the "Blue" Go live button on the right sideYou are now live streaming and you will see a red "Live" icon in the top right corner. When the game is complete you can tap the end button. You will be prompted by FB to save or delete the livestream. That is entirely up to you what you choose to do.
1. If you lose connection you will have to start the process all over. I strongly suggest you keep the feed live for the entire duration of the game.
2. If you experience continuous loss of connection it's best you stop recording, the WiFi connection is either too week or it is experiencing technical difficulties