I’m sorry but a lot of you are incorrect. Neither I or other parents on my sons AAA PW team are “chasing an A” or pushing our kids to do things they don’t want to do. In many instances, not all I admit, it’s simply a matter of better competition and the chance to travel and do what they already love doing. Last season my sons team played two of the top local AA teams, against kids a year older, and beat both handily. Not that those teams didn’t have talented kids but as a team they just weren’t as good as a team of younger AAA kids. I’m a huge fan of AA and A hockey and this is my sons first year in AAA. It’s been eye opening for him to go from a single A team to a AAA in terms of how much better SOME of his teammates and the competitors are from his previous years. We play AAA because he wants to, the competition, and admittedly, the travel (We’ve gotten to see and tour a couple cities we’ve never been to because of his travel schedule). Yes, AAA hockey can be a grind and there are many times I’ve questioned his development but I’d never categorize us as “letter chasers” or say that we’re wasting our money and time so long as he continues to love playing this sport.